Monday, June 01, 2015

Mission Accomplished.

Hey all, it's Ashton again!

Once again, thank you all for the amazing help with my Eagle project and our family orphanage projects. I was able to rasie $573 thanks to your donations and those of other kind people! This translated to 1,003.90 Lev (Bulgarian currency) and I was able to buy lots of books and a new computer for the orphans.

I also invited people in my area to donate toothbrushes, toothpaste and gum and my friends and family helped me to put together 115 little gift packets with the toiletry items, the gum, and a nice personal note. We took these packets over to Bulgaria with us and delivered them in person.

Here is a video that I made that shares overall information, what I learned, and lots of pictures from the orphanages we visited.




The orphans were absolutely thrilled about the computer and books that you helped to buy.

We went to an outdoor book market and got lots of great books for the kids (luckily they had lots of our favorite books, translated into Bulgarian, and they gave us a great discount on the books when they heard what we were buying them for).




We got to deliver the computer to the orphanage and I got to turn on the computer for the first time for them. It was a really nice computer - it ran up-to-date software and it was perfect for what the kids needed. They immediately used it to log on to Facebook and added me as a friend so that we can keep in touch. Then, after we delivered the little gifts with the notes, they used Google Translate to see what they meant.



 Every single donation helped, and I'd like to personally thank you all.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

This is so cool! Thank you for sharing your experience. It is really awesome to see young people serving others and your mom and dad are inspiring parents. We sent a small donation and our kids helped me dust our furniture to earn money to send. My son, who is 5 1/2, talks about Bulgaria and the orphans often now :) thank you for being such a great example!

Linda said...

Ashton this is astonishing! What a serendipity that one of the orphans took your camera and got so many great pictures! That along with your mom's pictures and the awesome video gave a perfect all-around picture of what you did and how you did it! We are so proud of you! Your other videos of Italy were terrific too! How blessed I am to have such a stellar grandson! Be sure to tell us about your Court of Honor! Tal did his Eagle project with the orphanage in Romania and he'll never forget it, even as you will always remember this grand adventure!

Love you so much!
Grammie

Anonymous said...

That video is pretty neat. It was really interesting to see the visit from the perspective of one of the orphans (however unintentionally!). I've traveled to Europe many times but have never been to an orphanage. Most people on vacation visit the touristy spots and that's it. Thanks for sharing a part of the world and a life many people don't have the opportunity to see.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails